Saturday, December 6, 2008

You have watched 119 minutes of video today, wait 57 min...

It's 9 am and I am up, sitting in the kitchen with a ciggie and coffee, have been up since 4 am. Let me tell you something, yet again I fell in this "I'm pretty sure I can cope with jetlag very well" trap. For the two past days I've fallen asleep really early, around 9-10pm and woken up real early. Obviously, no matter how hard I try jetlag is kicking my ass. I'll give it a few days or a week, should be fine by then.
My flight home went pretty well, the flights themselve weren't too bad. The layovers were more annoying. First in Sydney, where they threw away my Vegemite (I so wanted to see my brothers face when he tried it, but the stupid can had more than 100 ml in it and apparantely it counts as a liquid or whatever they said). I was supposed to collect vouchers from Thai Airways in Sydney because I changed my flight but I couldn't leave the airport so no vouchers. My next stop was Singapore and if you think that Goldie is humid, well time to rethink, the humidity level there was crazy. Got to feel it in the smoking area which was sweet as, they even had a bar with rinks and if I haven't lost/forgot my credit card in Allanas card I would have been by the bar. People in Singapore are very friendly and when I get the chance I would love to go there. My next layover was Heathrow, London. Seeing London through the plane window, buildings, nature and the rain made me so happy that I couldn't hold my tears back. For the first time in 10 months, I was back in Europe, let me tell you something that was the craziest feeling ever. Fantastic. Instantly it hit me, I am only a few hours away from my mom and my brother.
In Heathrow the police were walking around with guns, I guess considering the past they kinda have to, but it was weird. Spent my few early hours in Heathrow by browsing designers stiff. Tiffany's wedding collection was dazzling. OOOh it so sparkled in my eyes, made my fingers all itchy. If I only had a few mills, who cares married or not, jewellery they had behind the glass was sooooo prettyyy!!!
Thought of Allana and Jess whenever British people spoke...had an urge to yell out "Chaaaaaarlieeee biiit meeeeey!" Oh my. British people though, not so friendly, not a tiny little bit. Compared to Aussies they are freaking RUDE, ALLRIIIGHT (Shannons accent).
In the line for the security check for the Stockholm plane I stood next to Sanna BrĂ¥ding, she is so pretty even though her hair is shaved off nowadays. Everyone in the line was holding a Swedish passport, (their passports were in an excellent condition, I guess they didn't get to go on a year long binge in Aussie eh eh eh eh hee). The funny thing about the people in the line was that I might have been the only one who could confirm the stereotypical view of Swedes. "The blonde, blue eyed, big boobed girl" and I am not even Swedish. I saw two other blonde girls, probably from Stockholm as well. Rest of the line (and trust me it was long) included people from ALL around the world. I am still getting used to this versatility in this country. Australia doesn't have this type of immigration. On the plane I was ordering "white tea" while Swedish lady next to me ordered "a tea with miiilk please" ("l" in milk read it as if a baby would have said it...) Everyone had so strong Swedish accent while speaking in English, I had a hard time holding myself and not starting to laugh. Linda and her wannabe Swedish accent wouldn't even stand a chance compared to those people.
When I finally got off the plane, I once again felt an urge to cry, but stronger this time, I actually did cry. When I was leaving the customs to enter the lounge where everyone was waiting for the arrivin passengers I had to bite my lip real hard and resist from crying. I have been wondering what it would be like to see my family after a year, would it be strange? I mean we had a constant contact but would it feel different? As soon as I saw my mom and my brother it was like I have never even left, the feeling is undescribable. Everything went back to normal in a second, both mom and I talking at the same time, my brother trying to get in a sentence every now and then.
The weather is heaps different and colder but I actually liked it and I still do, I enjoy being home, I am on a vacay in Stockholm, how weird does that sound? I LOVE BEING HOME!!!
This morning I enrolled in my courses for semester 1, year 2. No Spanish for me next year, it clashed with my stupid statistics lecture, actually they are at the same time same day and I have to priorities, but that doesn't mean that I am going to quit Spanish alltogether, I'll just have to postpone it a little bit.
This was just a little update, I wanted to say so much more, but forgot alot of it. I will just save it for later.
Don'tmiss Aussie too much (talk about it all the time, and even refer to it as home many times. Mostly miss the people there. But you all will still be there next semester. It already feels like the time is flying by too quickly, I want to stop it and enjoy it with my family)

xoxo Nelli

No comments:

Fuckass