Sunday, January 10, 2010

6'2" barely with my heels on

So we are in 2010 now, I am curious about what it has to offer. I have been studying in Aussieland for 2 years already and it feels like 4, each and every semester feels like a year itself. So much happens.

My first year there I maid a bunch of friends for life which I am so greatful for. At the end of that year many of them left, which left me sad. I never thought that I could make more friends of that kind. It felt like poeple like Linda, Steve, Phil, Kristian, J-Lil, Jess G., and many others do not come every year. I was oh so wrong.

Let me tell you it always happens towards the end of the year, when you really get to know the people who are worth knowing and become like glue.

This year there were four people who stood out from the crowd, from all of the people of the village, uni and Surfers. Those four are Jade, Omi, Abby and Jase.

Jade and I have known each other for ages, ever since my first week in Aus, but we only started being good friends when my third semester began. Her and Shannon picked me up from Brisbane.

That night, regardless the jetlag, her, Jase and I sat at 21 Cook cl. talking all night, watching a movie (haha), smoking. Catching up on the month gone by. Jade has ever since been by my side during my best and worst times. We have shared so much together that it feels like a lifetime. I am so thankful for all of her help, she was there. I cherish that.

Jason, the Wombi, came in to my life when I first moved in to the new house, 21 Cook cl. that is. At first I thought he was some young emo kid that was a bit strange. As time past by, we got to know each other and grew very close. There were times when we were spending all of the spare time together. Jase has a special place in my heart. He is adorable and a very good friend.

Omi, was the crazy arab with ADHD; that Jade and I drunkenly decided had to move in and become our new roommate. It also happened so that Jade left for Barellan when he moved in. He became my new toy. Someone I could read easily and someone who listened to my orders. Weeks of hanging followed. I did not need anyone else. It was just us two. We had issues with cleaning, someone is very messy. I never thought that I would make another guy friend like that. Who I can trust and be so comfortable around.

Abby, who I got to know a few months before I left through Omar, has ever since that day been a massive part in my life. She is also one of the few new friends who came in to the Jade and Lexy group with no jealousy or feelings of a third wheel. I have felt so much love towards me from this Pommie!!! Well, what can I say she is my hubby for a reason!





My point with this was, that there are so many people that can mean so much to you in life, you can find them, as long as you do not expect that to happen, are yourself and just have fun.

Without you guys I would have had a bad semester, thank you for dealing with all of my dramas this year, being there and listening and giving advice.




xxx

1 comment:

Jade said...

Love you man :)

Fuckass