Saturday, January 30, 2010

Bogan

   Bogan is one of my favourite words that I learned during my two years in Aussie. Specially when it is said with a bogan accent. This is very difficult to explain, the way it sounds, but it is such a great word.

   Bogans are one of their own kinds and can be found in various cities around Australia. I can't think of a group of people in Sweden that could be compared to bogans. The density of bogans gets higher as you go to small cities, either hippies or bogans. Mostly cities further away from the coastline. (this is not a fact, people might disagree with me, just my own experience). Sometimes they find their way up to the bigger cities or even small party cities like GC. Specially during scoolies (when all the 12 year olds come up to party for a week, they actually are 17 and 18).

   This year I felt the scoolies, I kind of interacted with them. On my way home from Burleigh to Southport (takes an hour) one evening. I took the bus from Michaela. The bus was late, because it was a Saturday night and all the scoolies were getting into town, Surfers Paradise to paaarteey, on the beach. They are usually not let into clubs. So when I finally got on the bus, it was PACKED, scoolies everywhere. Drunk, disguisting and loud. I was happy I got a place to sit on in the front of the bus. The view infront of me: 2 BOGANS, one with a rat tail and crooked teeth, the other one smelling like an a ape, weirdly cut hair, and his bogan gf. The view infront of me was pretty much the same as in the entire bus. Anyhow.

   Why the toopic bogan came up, I found this page: Melton Bogan on Facebook. Ofcourse I had to look. Melton is a city I think and Bogan is certainly not a last name. (I thought that I finally found someone called Bogan but nah). What I wonder is if it really is this greasy bogan person, being all bogan and not even ashamed or if someone just created it? His statuses are gross and the comments people leave on his wall are hidious...

   I have a few bogan friends myself...They drink, swear. The amounts are MASSIVE. Some of them are alright.

   There are many words you can put next to bogan to make it even worse...bahaha

BOGAN

No comments:

Fuckass