Sunday, February 14, 2010

TGIF (WTF?!)

   Do you know how sometimes you stumble over things that you have been taking for granted and realise their true meaning. Things that you never thought about this extra second and didn't really care about the true meaning to begin with? Well something funny just happened to me, a realisation.

   TGIF - first I saw this on Linda's blog (without knowing that I actually have seen it before on something enourmosly famous). The post was about furniture, her dreams of a white house, decorating and stuff like that. Ofcourse I assumed that TGIF must be some furniture store that is popular in Sweden. Days went by til I met with the TGIF again.

   This time on one of my old classmate's blogs. She either thinks that no one knows what it means and thinks that she is a genius using the abbreviation or is a true genius and knows that there are people like me in the world (a bit retarded). So on her blog I read that it means Thank God It's Friday.

   Reaction: "Ooooh! That is why Linda had TGIF as her title on a FRIDAY and no this girl as well!" Almost started moving on with my life to reading other blogs, satisfied that I now knew what this meant. Unfortunately new thoughts started spinning in my head...I thought that TGIF is very familiar somehow, what were those 3 or 4 letter before Friday in "Friday's" (bar/restaurant, where btw Linda and I met for the first time), TIG, TGI hmm...Had to Google Friday's, and as I suspected it was "TGI Friday's".

   This is where a slightly less retarded person would FINALLY connect the dots. Me on the other hand, I went on Googling a picture of "Friday's" just because the name of the restaurant reminded me of the abbreviation "TGIF". I also Google the expression to see how common it is. It took me another few minutes to realise T(hanks)G(God)I(it's)F(riday) = name of the restaurant comes from the stupid expression...Man I felt like Einstein when he invented whatever it was he invented. I always say when apple fell on his head, but I think it was Newton who got the apple on his head and Einstein who invented that MC formula.

   After a whole year of hearing the expression "sexual inuendo" I only now looked it up and now know what it means. When Jade and Luke said it and laughed I just laughed with them. On Friday night I even used the expression. The poor guy could not even repeat the word "inuendo" let alone understand what it meant. Who am I to talk though?!

   Here's another one: OFI: Oh Flip It's Sunday! (I'll use it tomorrow, on a Monday!)


   

No comments:

Fuckass